SwineCast 1105 Show Notes:
- ‘At The Meeting’ Honoring Dr. Bob Morrison learns from Dow McVean, a principal of McVean Trading & Investments, on how the complexities and vulnerabilities of North American hog prices have been laid bare by the Coronavirus / COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dr. Montserrat Torremorell (College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota), Dr. Gordon Spronk (Pipestone Veterinary Services), and Dr. Tom Wetzell (Swine Veterinary Consultant), discuss with McVean about the economic impacts the Coronavirus / COVID-19 pandemic has had on hog prices.
- “To have the majority of the hogs priced off the negotiated cash price of two percent off the hogs is unsustainable.“, McVean says.
- McVean is the latest guest on the eighth in a series of Leaders Leading recordings produced by the ‘At The Meeting’ team. Future editions will highlight insights and perspectives from leaders within the swine industry.
- ‘At the Meeting’, Honoring Dr. Bob Morrison is a podcast sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc. and is focused on the the most recent topics in swine health and production.